Work closely with the Multi-site Facilities Manager in day-to-day maintenance, setup, and custodial tasks. Responsibility consists of all aspects of maintaining the overall appearance and cleanliness of the James River Church West Campus.
Essential Responsibilities & Duties
- Implement actions and execute processes necessary to meet goals and promote continual improvement.
- Complete all assigned daily and weekly checklists and reports as directed by the Multi-site Facilities Manager.
- Maintain quality to ensure a high-quality level of cleanliness throughout the building.
- Receives and tracks work orders.
- Measure, monitor, analyze, and implement actions necessary to meet goals and drive continual improvement.
- Performs all other duties as assigned or required.
Building & Grounds:
- Ability to work outside for an extended amount of time in all seasons for landscaping, flower care, and snow removal.
- Assist with HVAC scheduling, monitoring, and adjustments.
- Oversee locking and arming the building when necessary.
Equipment & Supplies:
- Continually keep work areas and equipment related to custodial and maintenance organized, clean, maintained, and repaired.
- Responsible for the maintenance, organization, and cleanliness of custodial and maintenance equipment, supplies, and other work areas as directed by the Multi-site Facilities Manager.
- Perform routine maintenance of all buildings, grounds, church owned vehicles as well as all related equipment, systems, and
- Basic knowledge of operation and maintenance of custodial equipment.
Events & Vendors:
- Special Events are to be noted as “all hands-on deck” and can be expected.
- Provide support for event set-up and tear-down, including large Special Events, as noted in the Church Calendar, and directed by the Multi-site Facilities Manager.
- Have a working knowledge of the Church Calendar.
- Involved in ordering and maintaining inventory of custodial supplies as directed by the Multi-site Facilities Manager.
- Working knowledge of two or more of the following: HVAC, Plumbing, Electrical, General Construction, Blueprints, painting, landscaping, and Irrigation Systems.
- One years’ experience related to working knowledge of methods, equipment, and materials used in all aspects of maintenance, custodial care, and building setups.
- Be available to be on call for any Sunday & Wednesday Services breakdowns that would create an emergency.
- Shift availability 6 am to 9 pm 7 days a week. Schedule provided in advance with days off during the work week.
- Availability to work extra hours as needed for special and/or large events held or hosted by James River Church.
- Ability to lift 80 lbs.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Exhibit good judgment, honesty, integrity, responsibility, and punctuality through the utilization of professional work standards.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with supervising personnel, co-workers, and the public.
- Possess effective human relations and communication skills to work proactively with staff, congregation, and community.
- Ability to read and correctly interpret SDS (Safety Data Sheets).
- Ability to make independent decisions as well as clearly understand, interpret, and execute both oral and written instructions as given by the Multi-site Facilities Manager.
- Be able to manage multiple projects at once with no decline in quality control.
- Flexibility with working in a culture of improvement.
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail.
- Desired but not required PC skills including Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Outlook, Word, and Teams).
Code of Conduct & Character
James River Church is Pastor-led, and staff driven with board oversight. James River Church staff are expected and considered to share in the responsibility of practicing and propagating the Christian gospel message and upholding the doctrine of the Church (the employer), as stated on our website and in our Bylaws. As leaders and ministers of the gospel, staff therefore agree to the following:
- Develop and maintain a close personal walk with the Lord including:
- Daily devotional time with Lord.
- Daily dependence on the empowerment of the Spirit.
- Develop a strong marriage and family life. This includes:
- Communicating and sharing with your spouse.
- Spending time together on days off and when extra time is available.
- Keep personal finances in order with no delinquencies.
- Attend all regularly scheduled services in the church. Special services and functions will be required as deemed necessary by the Lead Pastor.
- Maintain a high level of personal integrity, honesty and confidentiality in dealing both with the staff and congregation.
- Maintain a Christian outlook and attitude at all times.
- Maintain loyalty to the staff and church, actively promoting unity within the church.
Commitment to Ministry
By submitting my application for this position, I confirm I have read and accept the above Job Description/Code of Conduct and believe God has called me to serve in this capacity.