The Worship Connections Coordinator will provide support to the Executive Worship Director at James River Church. This leader will focus on dream team connections processes, development, and recruitment of musicians, coordinate quarterly team nights, provide quality control for worship across all youth venues of James River Church, oversee social media for James River Church Worship, assist in overseeing special projects for special events, and provide pastoral care to James River Worship.
Essential Responsibilities & Duties
- Oversee the Worship Dream Team Development/Recruitment for all campuses and teams:
- Provide Big Picture oversight and quality control to our Dream Team Processes.
- Develop and implement a recruitment plan for national and international talent.
- Work with the college to create and implement a recruitment process for high school students.
- Oversee monthly Auditions.
- Track the ongoing development of the Worship Dream Team.
- Track monthly stats of the Worship Dream Team.
- Coordinate Worship and Production Team Nights.
- Ensure every team night represents what is happening in the church with spiritual vitality.
- Ensure every team night is a high-quality and creative event.
- Works with the Worship Department Calendar to plan 1-2 Team Nights every quarter.
- Works with the Worship Director to create the order of service.
- Organizes the event.
- Ensure there is quality attendance through contacting dream team and creating accountability measures.
- Aid in facilitating the Worship Budget and Production Event Budgets.
- Create a system of communication and coordination to ensure an adequate number of high-quality team members are available for every venue in each roster season to guarantee excellent worship throughout the year.
- Regularly lead in and visit venues to ensure quality, provide coaching, and promote James River culture.
- Oversees the Youth Worship Leaders in quality control of all James River Youth venues.
- Review Rosters with the Worship Dream Team Coordinator.
- Works with the James River Youth Pastor and Worship Director on monthly set lists and new song implementation.
- Give coaching/feedback to the Youth Worship teams.
- Attend Weekly Rehearsals.
- Lead Worship in James River Church worship venues as directed by the Worship Director.
- Assists the Worship Director in choosing new worship songs to introduce.
- Oversees Social Media for James River Worship.
- Special Projects and Events Assistant to the Worship Director.
- Assists the Worship Director as needed in events, such as:
- Designed for Life Conference
- Sisterhood Nights
- Christmas Production
- Vision Sunday
- Stronger Men’s Conference
- Back to School Night
- Life Group Leaders Connect
- Recruits and Oversees Hosts for Special Talents for Events.
- Team Lead as directed by the Worship Director for Special Event Projects.
- Provides pastoral care for all Worship Dream Team Girls as directed by the Worship Director and Senior Associate Pastor
- Under the oversight of the Executive Ministries Pastor and Worship Director coordinate the James River Church Songwriting Team and Music releases.
- Create schedules for song writing team meetings.
- Create processes for song prep and vetting.
- Create deadlines for song production.
- Ensure all songwriters are in compliance with James River Church guidelines.
- Coordinator production of songs for release.
- Attends and actively participates in all meetings deemed necessary by the Worship Director.
- Responds to all email communication in a timely manner both to team members and direct reports.
- 2+ years of worship leading and pastoral experience.
- Strong vocally in both melody and harmony.
- Musically knowledgeable and accomplished.
- Strong people skills.
- Ability to be cross-generational in leadership.
- Ability to work efficiently under pressure.
- Must have or be willing to obtain A/G credentials.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Knowledge of modern office methods and procedures, filing, telephone techniques, and office equipment.
- Communicate in an effective and professional manner- orally and written.
- Exhibit good judgment, honesty, integrity, responsibility, and punctuality.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with supervising personnel, coworkers, civic organizations, business professionals, and the general public.
- Perform other related duties as assigned and required.
Code of Conduct & Character
James River Church is Pastor-led and staff driven with board oversight. JRC staff are considered leaders and ministers of the gospel and therefore agree to the following:
- Develop and maintain a close personal walk with the Lord including:
- Daily devotional time with Lord.
- Daily dependence on the empowerment of the Spirit.
- Develop a strong marriage and family life. This includes:
- Communicating and sharing with your spouse.
- Spending time together on days off and when extra time is available.
- Keep personal finances in order with no delinquencies.
- Attend all regularly scheduled services in the church. Special services and functions will be required as deemed necessary by the Lead Pastor.
- Maintain a high level of personal integrity, honesty and confidentiality in dealing both with the staff and congregation.
- Maintain a Christian outlook and attitude at all times.
- Maintain loyalty to the staff and church, actively promoting unity within the church.
Commitment to Ministry
By submitting my application for this position, I confirm I have read and accept the above Job Description/Code of Conduct and believe God has called me to serve in this capacity.