The Associate Worship Leader will provide support to the Executive Worship Director at James River Church. This leader will focus on leading worship, development, and recruitment of volunteer musicians, providing quality control for worship across all venues and campuses of James River Church, as well as providing creative support in all areas of music, and providing pastoral care to James River Worship.
Essential Responsibilities & Duties
- Leads Worship as deemed necessary by the Director of Worship. This includes but is not limited to:
- Sundays and Wednesdays
- James River Church productions
- James River Church functions: staff chapel, team night, youth venues
- Develops and recruits’ musicians for all main auditorium level venues.
- Conducts auditions and review video submissions for those interested in joining James River Church Worship.
- Manages creation of band training tutorials.
- Oversees the Student Ministries Worship Associate in quality control of all youth venues.
- Provide creative support to all musical areas of James River Church.
- Create loops and musical scores.
- Lead worship on Sundays and Wednesdays for main venues and youth venues and church-as-a-whole as needed.
- Lead worship for Worship retreats as well as other Ministry retreat.
- Ensures that Planning Center Online is updated in all venues with appropriate information in a timely manner.
- Actively participates in the James River Church Songwriting Team by:
- Resources team songwriters.
- Writes and arranges songs for James River Church Worship.
- Assists in oversight in both the James River College Practicum and James River Church Worship Residency program.
- Provides pastoral care for all James River Church team members as directed by the Executive Worship Director and Senior Associate Pastor
- Attends and actively participates in all meetings deemed necessary by the Director of Worship.
- Responds to all email communication in a timely manner both to team members and direct reports.
- 2+ years of worship leading and pastoral experience.
- Strong vocally in both melody and harmony.
- Strong people skills.
- Leads from guitar (electric or acoustic).
- Must have or be willing to obtain A/G credentials.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Preferred but not required Studio proficiency with various programs such as Cubase, Logic, and Pro Tools.
- Preferred but not required, experience in songwriting.
- Ability to be cross-generational in leadership.
- Ability to work efficiently under pressure.
- Musically knowledgeable and accomplished.
Code of Conduct & Character
James River Church is Pastor-led and staff driven with board oversight. JRC staff are considered leaders and ministers of the gospel and therefore agree to the following:
- Develop and maintain a close personal walk with the Lord including:
- Daily devotional time with Lord.
- Daily dependence on the empowerment of the Spirit.
- Develop a strong marriage and family life. This includes:
- Communicating and sharing with your spouse.
- Spending time together on days off and when extra time is available.
- Keep personal finances in order with no delinquencies.
- Attend all regularly scheduled services in the church. Special services and functions will be required as deemed necessary by the Lead Pastor.
- Maintain a high level of personal integrity, honesty and confidentiality in dealing both with the staff and congregation.
- Maintain a Christian outlook and attitude at all times.
- Maintain loyalty to the staff and church, actively promoting unity within the church.
Commitment to Ministry
By submitting my application for this position, I confirm I have read and accept the above Job Description/Code of Conduct and believe God has called me to serve in this capacity.